We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all teachers, staff, visitors, and students.
- Handwashing: Students and staff are encouraged to wash hands and use hand santizer thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Drop-off and pickup procedures: Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents will not be allowed beyond the school gates during arrival and dismissal. Once your child enters the school building (Grades 2-5) or the courtyard (grades K & 1), please ensure social distancing is maintained and make room for families behind you.
- Visiting our school: We are limiting visitors to the school during this time. Most parent-teacher conferences and other meetings will be held virtually.
- While in the building: When you enter the building, please check in at the security desk by entering exit 12 on 91st street. During check-in, you will be asked for ID and reminded to wear your mask at all times.
- Traffic flow in hallways and common areas: Hallways are with 6 foot social distancing markers and are one way. Staircases are one way. Please keep at least 6 ft. distance between yourself and others.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home. If a student or teacher is feeling sick, they are required to stay home and, if their symptoms are consistent with COVID-19, are asked to get tested. If a student begins experiencing symptoms in school, they will be sent to the school nurse to determine next steps. Students who are showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be isolated and monitored by a dedicated staff member until they are picked up by their family. Staff members who become symptomatic at school are asked to immediately leave the building.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test SiteOpens in a new browser tab page to find a test site closest to you.