Blended learning combines in-class instruction and at-home learning. This allows us to limit the number of students in the building each day for safe social distancing, while still ensuring that students can benefit from direct interaction with teachers and peers.
In Person Learning
- During days at school, teachers will provide direct whole-class instruction and small-group instruction. These days will be used primarily to introduce new topics, provide small group instruction, one-on-one instructional support, and conduct assessments to monitor student progress towards standards.
- During days in at school, students will have the opportunity to participate in two 15 minute live stream physical education classes daily. The classes will take place in their classroom and will be offered in the morning and the afternoon.
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers.
- During days learning at home, students will have live instruction daily via Google Meet or Zoom. Schedules for live instruction will be posted in advance by the teacher on Google Classoom. Students will work in whole-class instruction and small-group instruction. Students will also be assigned additional activities to work on independently. These activities will allow students to apply and practice what they learned in class and during live instruction. There may be a combination of technology-based learning activities and offline worksheets, projects, and writing assignments. At-home learning activities are an important part of the learning process and will be graded.
- During days learning at home, your child is expected to participate in live instruction and complete all assignments provided by the teacher. We recognize that working at home is different and difficult for many students, so we want to provide flexibility. Please keep in contact with your child’s teacher.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.
- Teachers will have virtual “office hours” posted on their Google Classroom after school hours Monday – Friday from 2:00p.m.- 2:20p.m. Students who have questions or need extra support can check in with their teachers during their office hours for help with at-home learning assignments.
- Students learning at home will have the opportunity to participate in two 15 minute live stream physical education classes daily. The classes will be offered in the morning and the afternoon.
- Students learning at home will have the opportunity to participate in live stream classes of art, music, and/or dance.
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
Changing to 100% rEMote learning
At any time of year, for any reason, you can choose fully remote learning for your child. This means they would learn 100% remotely (all online, from home). Remote learning includes live interaction with teachers every day, and every class includes live instruction. Want to Choose Fully Remote Learning? Fill Out This Form. https://www.nycenet.edu/surveys/learningpreference