During 100% remote learning, your child is expected to participate in live instruction and complete all assignments provided by the teacher. We recognize that working at home is different and difficult for many students, so we want to provide flexibility. Please keep in contact with your child’s teacher.
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers.
- Students will have live instruction daily via Google Meet or Zoom. Schedules for live instruction will be posted in advance by the teacher on Google Classoom. Students will work in whole-class instruction, small-group instruction, one-on-one instructional support, and conduct assessments to monitor student progress towards standards. Students will also be assigned additional activities to work on independently. These activities will allow students to apply and practice what they learned in class and during live instruction. There may be a combination of technology-based learning activities and offline worksheets, projects, and writing assignments. At-home learning activities are an important part of the learning process and will be graded.
- Teachers will have virtual “office hours” posted on their Google Classroom after school hours Monday – Friday from 2:00p.m.- 2:20p.m. Students who have questions or need extra support can check in with their teachers during their office hours for help with at-home learning assignments.
- Students learning at home will have the opportunity to participate in two 15 minute live stream physical education classes daily. The classes will be offered in the morning and the afternoon.
- Students learning at home will have the opportunity to participate in live stream classes of art, music, and/or dance.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
CHANGING TO BLENDED INSTRUCTION
- Families who choose full-time remote learning will be able to reevaluate their choice during certain set time periods to change their preference and have their child to receive in-person instruction instead.
- These set time periods will be communicated to schools and families at the beginning of the school year. Sometime in November will be the first time families can choose to change their preference to blended learning.
- When families choose to switch their student to in-person instruction, we will make every effort to accommodate these requests based on programming and space capacity.
- The window will close at least two weeks prior to when the student would switch to in-person instruction to allow schools and families sufficient time to prepare.
- As always, families can engage with their school leadership if they face unforeseen circumstances or challenges in their learning and can coordinate with their school to make adjustments outside of these set time periods.