September 25, 2020
I would like to welcome you and your child to the 2020-21 school year. The staff and I are excited to return to school after so much time apart from our amazing students. It is our mission to provide a safe, welcoming and affirming environment where we encourage our students by building on their strengths and background. We will work hard to prepare our students for the demands of the 21st century and support them as they grow and learn. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school.
We ask that you help us by following the guidelines below:
- Please complete the health screening at home before arriving at school (digitally is the easiest way). Paper copieswill be available upon request.
- Please make sure that your child wears a mask to school every day.
- Please have your child bring their red, green or blue post card on the first day.
- Your child will receive a lanyard name tag with their class and the cohort color to wear every day.
- Check our school website regularly ps63q.org for detailed information about arrivals and dismissals.
- Please do not double park your cars when dropping off students.
- Please do not block the red box in dismissal or arrival areas while waiting for your child. Please exit quickly to keep social distancing guidelines. Allow space for other parents to get their children.
- Dress your child for the weather each day. There will be no indoor line-up due to social distancing concerns.
- Send your child to school with a sweater windows will be kept open for ventilation.
- Ensure that your child comes to school or Google Meet daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
- Check to see that your child completes all remote or in person assignments provided by the teachers.
- Please use the office hours and Class Dojo to communicate with your child’s teacher regularly.
- Inform us if your child needs additional support in any area or subject.
We thank you for your cooperation as we establish procedures for arrival and dismissal for the beginning of a new school year. This can be a bit challenging but with your support and understanding we have been able to do so.
If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact the Parent Coordinator, Susan Taraby or your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding procedure related to safety both in person and online for a productive school year.
Our wonderful PS63Q staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. Your support will allow us to maintain a safe environment for your children. We wish you a successful school year and look forward to working with you!
Denise De Jesus